Aurora is a cancer charity providing support in the local area for people living with cancer or a long-term health condition. Why not visit the Heritage Hub in the heart of the Old Library Building and reminisce through oral and virtual history displays, objects from bygone days and share memories of Worksop and the surrounding area or look for a bargain in the well stocked charity shop followed by a home-cooked meal in art deco ‘Valerie’s Tearooms’?
Spotlight on…. The Curve
September saw the opening of Aurora’s new gym / fitness space in The Curve.
Exercise is daunting at the best of times but even more so when you are living with health conditions.
At Aurora, their aim is to promote and support wellbeing during a cancer diagnosis, treatment and beyond. They will be offering specific fitness sessions to people living with and beyond a cancer diagnosis which will be delivered by a fully qualified cancer exercise specialist. Each client will receive a programme that is specific to their condition and needs.
In addition, Aurora will also be offering a general women’s only session and a general mixed session.
All sessions will be subject to the necessary health screening to ensure the safety of the individual. If you are unsure, please consult your GP prior to commencing any exercise.
Cancer-specific gym package: initial consultation and two sessions free. All subsequent sessions £5.00 each. General women’s only and public sessions are £5.00 per session.
- Monday, 1.00pm to 2.00pm: Women’s Only Session
- Tuesday, 10.00am to 11.00am: Cancer Specific Session
- Tuesday, 1.00pm to 2.00pm: General Public Mixed Session
- Wednesday, 10.00am to 11.00am: Tai Chi, £5.00 per session (starts 19th October)
- Friday, 2.00pm to 3.00pm: Pilates, £5.00 per session
- Friday, 3.15pm to 4.15pm: Yoga, £7.00 per session
After each class there’s the option to head to the tearooms for a well-deserved cuppa and chat!
- Fun Palace: Saturday 1st October, 10.00am to 3.00pm. In conjunction with Worksop Library – a free celebration of culture and community.
- Worksop Torso Talk: Tuesday 4th October, 10.30am to 12.00pm. This is a free event with refreshments included but booking is essential.
- Wellbeing Wednesday: Wednesday 5th October, 10.00am to 2.00pm. Local craft stalls, health and wellbeing information.
- Aurora Fashion Show: Wednesday 16th November, 7.00pm. North Notts Arena will again be hosting this very popular event. Tickets are on sale now at Aurora.
Would you like to be part of the Aurora Wellbeing family? Why not volunteer? Volunteers are at the heart of everything Aurora does and they would not be able to deliver their services without them.
For information, call 01909 470985, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.aurorawellbeing.org.uk.