The Grove and Hallcroft Methodist Churches work closely together to form the Methodist Church in Retford. Sunday services alternate between the two churches; visit www.the-grove.org.uk or search Grove Street Methodist Church on Facebook for times of the services and information about regular weekly and monthly activities. Alternatively, call 01777 702573.
This summer has been a time of celebration for both churches. Like the rest of the country, they have both had their fair share of Platinum Jubilee parties, lunches and other events.
In addition, the Grove is celebrating 200 years of a Methodist church being present where the current church stands today. The celebrations started with the prestigious visit of the President of the Methodist Conference, Sonia Hicks. An anniversary lunch at the beginning of July led into a month of celebratory services amidst picnics, walks and garden parties.
August is a quiet month – time to take a breather as most organisations close for the month, except the Saturday coffee mornings which will continue. Thursday lunches will resume in September.
Time perhaps to make plans for the autumn and winter. If you are planning an event, wanting space to run a weekly or monthly group, organising courses, conferences or even small meetings then the Grove has excellent facilities at competitive prices.
If you are wanting to book a space, make enquiries or arrange to look around please contact Sue Walker on 01777 838587.
Events to look forward to as the Church’s celebratory year continues:
- Heritage Day, 10th September: A chance to look around and partake of delicious refreshments.
- Ride+Stride, 10th September: a national sponsored cycle and walking event from church to church will be using the Grove as one of its stations on that day.
- West Gallery Singers, 8th and 9th October: A weekend of singing, workshops and concerts.
- Doncaster Youth Jazz Swing Band: 19th November.
- Star Festival: 26th and 27th November and 3rd and 4th December.