After a mild autumn so far, I wonder if we shall have any of the deep and crisp and even stuff. A light dusting would accompany all our carol singing… but not the slippy stuff. Recovering from a broken wrist, I’m considering deleting the previous sentence!
The Dukeries Singers have a variety of Christmas engagements to enable all to celebrate the season. Christmas begins with the turning on of the Christmas Lights on Edwinstowe High Street on Thursday 29th November, where we shall be carolling from 5.45pm. Our festive calendar then, will be:
- Sunday 2nd December — Singing at Tuxford Christmas lights from 4.00pm.
- Saturday 8th December — The Dukeries Singers Annual Christmas Concert at Ollerton Jubilee Hall at 7.00pm.
- Wednesday 12th December — Carol Singing at Boughton Crematorium at 6.00pm to 7.00pm.
- Friday 21st December — A Concert at Mansfield Masonic Hall at 6.15pm.
- Saturday 22nd December — Carol Singing at The Alders Restaurant, Ollerton from 6.00pm to 8.00pm.
We shall return to our ‘non-Christmas’ rehearsals after the New Year, when we shall be preparing some fresh new material for our forthcoming 2019 engagements. We practise every Wednesday evening from 7.30pm to 9.00pm, in the Concert Hall at The Dukeries Academy, Ollerton. This is best accessed via the Leisure Centre entrance and car park. If you wish to book the choir for your anniversary, celebration, charity or fundraising event, please contact our new Secretary Pauline on 07951 609217. For information about the choir, see www.thedukeriessingers.com. You can also find us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
I do hope that in the midst of all the hard work this season seems to bring with it, that you find time to enjoy the peace and hope of Christmas and join us in celebrating with all the wonderful Christmas music.