A happy Christmas to you all. I am presuming, that unlike myself, you are well on with your preparations for the festive season. I do hope that in all the hustle and bustle, you manage to find some time to enjoy the peace, hope and joy of Christmas and join us in celebrating with all the wonderful music special to this time of the year. I especially enjoy carols sung outdoors ‘a cappella’; very traditional I know, but definitely with that ‘feel good factor’.
The Dukeries Singers have a busy programme for the run up to Christmas:
- 28th November — Edwinstowe Christmas lights switch on, late afternoon/early evening
- 1st December — Sherwood Pines, approximately 11.30am to 1.30pm
- 7th December — concert at Jubilee Hall, Ollerton, 7.00pm
- 8th December — Tuxford Christmas lights switch on, afternoon
- 14th December — The Alders Restaurant, Ollerton, approximately 6.30pm to 8.30pm
- 20th December — The Masonic Hall, Mansfield, early evening
Tickets for the concert at the Jubilee Hall in Ollerton may be ordered or purchased from Alison on 01623 863450 or any choir member.
Considering New Year Resolutions? If you have sung before with a choir and you would like to sing again, January would be a most appropriate time to restart. Singing with a friendly group of like-minded people is very uplifting and satisfying.
We start back in rehearsal in mid-January. We practice every Wednesday evening from 7.30pm until 9.00pm in the Concert Hall Foyer at the Dukeries Academy Ollerton. This is best accessed via the Leisure Centre and car park.
We are taking bookings for 2020 and our secretary Pauline, on 07951 609217, would be pleased to hear from you. You can find us on Twitter, Facebook and YouTube and on our website, www.thedukeriessingers.com.
We wish you all a very happy and harmonious Christmas.