Retford Lions were extremely disappointed when informed at a recent meeting that the Retford Christmas market scheduled for 29th November has been cancelled due to heightened COVID lockdown precautions. They hope that no extension to the rules prevents them making Lions Santa Claus trips and they are preparing so far as is forseeable. They intend to follow the schedule below; but you will understand that it may be further altered or could even be cancelled altogether.
The Santa tracking website is up and running it currently shows he is up near the North Pole between Finland and Russia having a bit of a ‘time out’. After 1st December simply type www.lionstracksanta.com in your browser and you will see that he follows the 2020 Christmas trip schedule below. The schedule will be available on that website beneath the tracking map, updated as necessary, for you to consult.
Last month they explained, that whilst in no way mandatory, Lions welcome donations to help them continue their charitable work around Retford and they can now accept contactless donations. They are also setting up a Just Giving page so donations can be made that way, they can also benefit from Gift Aid should you be a tax payer and kind enough to tick the relevant box. Just search Retford Lions on the Just Giving web page.
If for any reason they are obliged to change any of the intended arrangements or dates, you should see the correct details on Retford Lions webpage and the Santa tracker.
Santa’s intended stopping places in Retford and villages
- Saturday 5th: Rampton playing field (5.45pm to 6.15pm), East Markham village hall (6.30pm to 7.15pm)
- Sunday 6th: Thrumpton Lane / Enterprise Way (5.10pm to 5.40pm), Whinney Moor Close (5.45pm to 6.30pm), Bacopa Drive (6.35pm to 7.10pm), Blossom Grove (7.15pm to 7.45pm)
- Thursday 10th: Clarborough: Smeath Lane / Broad Gores (6.15pm to 6.45pm), St John’s Drive / South View Drive (6.50pm to 7.30pm)
- Friday 11th: Northfield Way / West Furlong (6.15pm to 7.00pm), Sandringham Road (7.05pm to 7.50pm)
- Saturday 12th Tuxford: Burleigh Court (5.15pm to 5.45pm), Gilbert Avenue (5.50pm to 6.20pm), Mellors Garage (6.25pm to 6.55pm)
- Sunday 13th: Lidgett Lane / Hirst Road (5.15pm to 6.00pm), Wellington Street (6.05pm to 6.50pm), Claters Close (7.00pm to 7.30pm)
- Tuesday 15th: Clumber Inn (6.10 pm to 6.40pm), Elkesley: Lawnwood Avenue / Lane (7.00pm to 7.45pm)
- Wednesday 16th: 10.00am Tuxford Primary, 11.15am Pump Farm Nursery
White Park Place / Newlands (6.10pm to 6.55pm), Blue Albion Street / Black Hereford Way (7.00pm to 7.45pm)
- Friday 18th: Old Hall Drive (6.10pm to 6.40pm), Grace Road (6.45pm to 7.30pm)
- Saturday 19th: Carolgate (8.30am to 3.30pm)