At Mercian Archaeological Services they are looking forward to 2021, when they can get together with you all again and have more great times! Getting out and doing archaeology in the wonderful legendary landscape of Sherwood Forest, tranquil and breath-taking Yorkshire Dales, and / or the beautiful Leicestershire countryside should be just the tonic after months of lockdown and restrictions!
They can’t wait to get going, and they hope you will be excited to join them! With this in mind, they are very pleased to be able to announce that they have a whole host of different courses now available for 2021 and beyond. These include the usual favourites plus a few new additions and extra weeks (also some in the pipeline to be confirmed).
Archaeological Field Schools and Training Excavations (www.mercian-as.co.uk/fieldschool.html) including:
- The Sherwood Forest Archaeological Training Field School 2021
- The Bainbridge Training Excavation, Wensleydale, North Yorkshire 2021
- The Welby Training Excavation, Leicestershire 2021
- Post-Fieldwork Training School, at King’s Clipstone 2021
Indoor training Schools (www.mercian-as.co.uk/classroom_weeks.html) including:
- ‘Exploring Landscape Archaeology’ course, Sherwood Forest, Nottinghamshire
Outdoor Training Schools including:
- The Topographic Survey Training Course 2021 at Sherwood Forest (www.mercian-as.co.uk/topo_survey.html)
All these course come with expert training with Mercian’s very best. Check Mercian’s website for information, dates and prices. You can book places on any of the above via the website or contact them for other options.