Once again Retford Charter Day will take place on May Day Bank Holiday — Monday 7th May. It is the 25th anniversary of the event and the town once again will be buzzing with new entertainment, including an appearance of a Hurricane.
Worksop Motor Club will have cars on display in the town centre, whilst the Classic Jaguars Club will be on show in the park. There is a full day of entertainment in the ballroom with singing and dancing. The annual scruff’s dog show, with all monies going to Babworth Animal Rescue Kennels (BARK), will be held in the Market Square.
In the park, the ever-popular Retford Lions red and yellow duck races will take place along with a birds of prey display, dog agility and fly ball, a re-enactment from a local society and also a steel band. New additions to the food choices will include Jamaican food, disco chips and Madame Crepe with mouth-watering fillings, along with a vendor for pork rolls and noodles. The fire station will be open from 10.00am, giving you a chance to look round some specialist equipment and the Buttermarket will hold a wide selection of craft stalls.
Town Centre Programme:
- 10.00am to 4.00pm — Circus Workshop and Doctor Diablo
- 1.00pm — Scruffs Dog Show
- Plus fun fair, vintage cars, static display of rally cars, endurance cars and dream cars, as well as a market, charity market, street entertainers and refreshments.
King’s Park Programme:
- 10.30am — Agility Dog Display
- 12.30pm — Birds of Prey Flying Display
- 1.30pm — Marching Band
- 2.30pm — Fly Ball Dog Display
- 2.45pm — Red Duck Race
- 3.00pm — Yellow Duck Race
- 3.30pm — Birds of Prey Flying Display
And on the Band Stand you can see:
- 10.30am — Steel Band
- 11.15am — Dawn Staples
School of Dance
- 1.00pm — North Notts Makaton Choir
- 1.30pm — Performance Hub
- 2.00pm — Louise Clarkson School of Dance
- 2.30pm — Steel Band
- Plus fun fair, refreshments, vintage tractors, Retford Boat Club, entertainers
Town Hall Programme:
- 11.15am — De-Burney School of Dance
- 12.00pm — Retford U3A Recorder Group
- 12.45pm — Lynx Martial Arts
- 1.30pm — Lena Snowden Singers
- 2.15pm — The MOB
And Retford Fire Station will be open from 10.00am with special equipment from Mansfield and Newark and with real rescues plus games and fun all day.