The volunteers at The Hub wish a happy Christmas to everyone, and look forward to seeing you in the shop, where they have a wealth of gift ideas made by local people. Some of the most imaginative include ‘pickled people’, potions, crayon cats, Christmas puddings in a mug and dinosaur pasta.
Their art shop has internet-beating prices, with gifts for children, local gifts including mugs, tea towels and calendars, as well as many beautiful, unique craft items — or treat yourself with a large local Stilton for a party from our cheese counter, which has a variety of artisan cheeses. Their hampers with local produce are always a great gift idea. The bookshop has a variety of local titles, including a new book on Retford.
There is just time to catch John Harris’s exhibition of amazing artwork, a preview of a major Mayflower Pilgrim Exhibition that will take place later in 2020. This will be followed by an exhibition of work from the Worksop Art Society.
COURSES AT THE HUB
- Saturday 30th November, 1.15pm — Christmas Canvas Paint-Along £15.00
- Friday 6th December, 10.00am to 1.00pm — Make A Felt Wreath Workshop. £35.00
- Saturday 7th December, 10.00am — Parent and Child Craft. £5.00
- Saturday 7th December, 10.30am — Watercolour Paint-Along. £15.00
- Saturday 14th December, 1.00pm to 3.00pm — Intro to Block Printing Gifts. £18.00
- Saturday 21st December, 10.00am to 2.00pm — Little Wooden Houses Scenic Make and Take. £45.00