Citizens Advice Bassetlaw have a new energy team who are: Emily Simpson, Sarah Rea and Lisa Hammond.
Their main aims are:
- To help you save money on your gas and electric bills by looking at your usage and seeing if there is a better deal for you.
- Support clients in Bassetlaw who are in or at risk of being in fuel poverty.
- Help you to manage any energy debts
- Apply for schemes and grants such as the Warm Home Discount or the Priority Services Register
- Help you to resolve problems and complaints with energy suppliers.
- Guide you to be more energy efficient within your home.
The team leader, Emily Simpson, said:”Every year, we hear horror stories of people who are frightened to put their heating on because they are worried about the costs and getting into fuel debt.
“The project is vital for the residents of Bassetlaw as we enter the start of the winter months. People will use more energy as we go into the cold spell and their bills will increase. This, alongside the impact of coronavirus in the community, makes it more difficult than ever, for people to afford their energy costs.
“We want to support people with a free energy appointment to see if we can cut their costs and provide them with any additional support they may need. For example, if eligible, the Warm Home Discount scheme can give clients up to £140 off their electricity bills. This makes a massive difference to people’s lives and hopefully will reassure them to keep warm in their homes without worrying about the bills.”
You can contact Citizens Advice Bassetlaw’s Energy Team on 01909 498892 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For advice about anything else, call the local general advice line on 01909 498894. All their services are free, confidential, impartial and independent.