Aurora is a cancer charity providing support in the local area for people living with cancer or a long-term health condition. But Aurora is not just a cancer charity; they have a variety of support groups, counselling services and recreational activities on offer for the public too as well as a charity shop and tearooms.
Spotlight on… the Worksop Torso (literally!)
Thanks to funding from Arts Council England and support from Bassetlaw Museum, visitors to the Heritage Hub can enjoy interacting with the Worksop Torso in new ways. The new light and art exhibition uses the torso as a canvas where you can display your own creations. Pop in to have a go and learn the Torso’s intriguing story.
Aurora Wellbeing Community Survey
Have you ever visited the Aurora Wellbeing Centre at the Old Library and Museum building in Worksop? If you have, they would love to hear from you. They are conducting a Community Survey and would like to invite you to add your thoughts.
Every person who completes and returns a Community Survey will be entered into the Christmas Raffle, to be drawn at 3.00pm on Friday 15th December.
You can download the survey from www.aurorawellbeing.org.uk/aurora-community-survey and email completed copies to email@example.com, or you can pop into the Aurora Centre at the Old Library, Memorial Avenue, Worksop S80 2BJ to pick up and hand in a paper copy. On completion of a survey, you will be entered into the draw.
Exercise at Aurora
If you have had a cancer diagnosis, exercise can be a daunting task to undertake. At Aurora, they offer exercise sessions to guide you through preparation for surgery, recovery post operation and also during treatment.
They also offer a variety of fitness classes for the general public and, due to popular demand, have added an additional Chair Based and Balance Exercise class to their programme of activities.
- Cancer and Exercise: Mondays, 3.00pm to 4.00pm and Tuesdays, 10.00am to 11.00am. First three sessions free; £3.00 thereafter.
- Fit and Fun Body Workout: Tuesdays, 11.15am to 12.15pm. Movement to music to release endorphins. Simple dance routines to raise fitness levels. £5.00.
- Fitness Class: Women Only – Tuesdays, 1.00pm to 2.00pm. Dedicated to women so you can work out in private. £5.00.
- Tai Chi: Wednesdays, 9.30am to 10.30am and 11.00am to 12.00pm. Gentle movement, relaxation and calmness aimed at improving physical and mental wellbeing. £5.00.
- Fitness Class: General Public – Wednesdays, 12.15pm to 1.15pm. Exercise support and advice appropriate to fitness levels, facilitated by a specialist trainer. £5.00.
- Yoga: Fridays, 9.15am to 10.15am and 10.30am to 11.30am. Connect your mind and body to improve your flexibility and posture.
Anyone interested in attending any of these classes should contact reception on 01909 470985.
Aurora Christmas Market – Saturday 2nd December, 11.00am to 3.00pm
In the Old Library Building there will be craft stalls, children’s activities and Father Christmas will be making an appearance! The charity shop and Valerie’s Tearooms will be open too.
For more information about Aurora, visit them at The Old Library Building, Memorial Avenue, Worksop S80 2BJ – Monday to Friday, 9.00am to 4.00pm.
Alternatively, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 01909 470985, visit www.aurorawellbeing.org.uk or find them on Facebook, X and Instagram.