The Workers Education Association was established in 1903 and has been committed to providing high quality adult education classes since then. In Retford they have been running computer classes and sewing workshops for some time and now have planned some exciting new courses for the autumn term.
All of the courses offer the best value for money and are taught by professional tutors who have excellent subject knowledge in their area of expertise. They are also free for people on certain means tested benefits and if you have a low household income you may get them half price.
The weekly autumn term courses are:
- Mixed sewing skills with Yvonne, starts Monday 16th September, for seven sessions, from 9.30am to 1.30pm, Grove Street Methodist Hall, £56.00, code C2341758
- Exploring art appreciation with Rachael, starts Tuesday 17th September, for four sessions, from 10.00am to 12.00pm, Grove Street Methodist Hall, £32.00, code C2341920
- Introduction to Universal Credit (using computers) with Lesley, starts Tuesday 24th September, 11 sessions, 1.00pm to 3.00pm, Bassetlaw Action Centre, Canal Street, £88.00, code C2341789
- Improve your computer skills with Lesley, starts Tuesday 24th September, 11 sessions, 10.00pm to 12.00pm, Bassetlaw Action Centre, Canal Street, £88.00, code C2341786
- A century of food and fiction, with Judith, starts Thursday 26th September, seven sessions, from 10.00am to 12.00pm, Grove Street Methodist Hall, £56.00, code C2341735.
If you want to know more or would like to enrol you can do this by calling 0300 3033464 or by going online at www.wea.org.uk.