October is here and it is Christmas all the way from now on for The Dukeries Singers. It does seem early I know, but there is such a vast amount of Christmas music we want to sing, new to learn and old to refresh, that we have to start early.
We have one non-Christmas concert to enjoy doing. This is a rescheduled and, hopefully, yet to be confirmed concert now on Saturday 7th October at the RAF Association Club, Newark. The time is also to be confirmed.
Our Christmas engagements are:
- Thursday 23rd November — Carols at Christmas Lights, Edwinstowe High Street. Time to be confirmed
- Saturday 25th November — Carols at Winterfest, Thoresby Courtyard, 1.30pm
- Sunday 3rd December — Christmas singing at Norwood Park Christmas Experience, early afternoon, but this needs to be confirmed
- Saturday 9th December — Singing at The Alders pub restaurant, Ollerton, 6.00pm to 8.00pm
- Saturday 16th December — The Edwinstowe Christmas Concert, Edwinstowe Village Hall, 7.00pm
- Sunday 17th December — Carols at Sherwood Forest Visitor Centre, Edwinstowe, 2.30pm (to be confirmed)
If you think you would like to sing with The Dukeries Singers, now would be an excellent time to give us a try. You can come for a couple of weeks to see if it is for you. There are no auditions and there is no necessity to be able to read music.
We rehearse every Wednesday evening from 7.30pm until 9.15pm in the Concert Hall at the Dukeries Academy in Ollerton. The venue is best accessed via The Leisure Centre entrance and car park. You can find out more about us on www.thedukeriessingers.com. We are also on YouTube, Facebook and Twitter.
We hope you have a lovely bountiful autumn with a bit of leftover summer sunshine as a bonus.