Aurora in Worksop is a charity that supports people in Bassetlaw affected by cancer. It provides access to information and advice, wellbeing and counselling, support groups, courses and exercise classes. Aurora offers professional beauty treatments and holistic therapies (also available to the general public) and advice on skin care and hair loss, to boost self-esteem whilst undergoing, and recovering from cancer treatment.
- Wellbeing and Counselling — Aurora supports people struggling to cope with unmet emotional needs, particularly at the end of their cancer treatment. Services include: counselling sessions, mindfulness course, sleep workshop, nutrition course, reiki and reflexology.
- Beauty Therapy — Local cancer patients receive a free package of support that includes six free beauty treatments or holistic therapies, and two free treatments for a nominated carer. Please contact them for more information.
- Support Groups — Aurora welcomes people to a range of friendly support groups – no appointment is necessary. Groups include: Carers in the Community, Prostate support group, Survivors in the Community, Time to Grow, bereavement support.
- Meeting People — Meet new people with similar experiences and interests at a friendly club or social group such as Sewing Group, Craft Club, Lunch Club, Card Making, Buzzom Buddies.
- Get Moving — Gentle exercise can be a hugely positive experience for the mind and body. Aurora supports people of all fitness levels to join a class, running regular Pilates, Yoga, Tai Chi classes. There is also an Aurora Gym.
For information about any services or courses please contact Aurora on 01909 470985 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Aurora Centre, Old Library Building, Memorial Avenue, Worksop is open from Monday to Friday from 9.30am to 4.00pm. To find out more see www.aurorawellbeing.org.uk/worksop.