The Dukeries Woodturning Society’s AGM in January was well attended and welcomed some new faces. One person joined and went home happy with a piece of ‘turning wood’ from the raffle. Why not go along? For the annual membership of £15.00 you will enjoy the excellent monthly professional demonstrators and ad hoc ‘hands on’ nights when you can have a go on a lathe. They welcome all ages and levels of experience for a free taster night, after which it costs just £5.00 a time.
Following the business they had a demonstration of some of their in-house skills when chairman Gordon Fisher, and Pat Murphy both showed what they could do on the lathe. If members needed inspiration this was it!
The society now have their programme for 2020, which includes the dates when Steve Wright will be taking wood for sale.
- 25th March — Richard Findley
- 22nd April — Steve Heeley and Steve Wright
- 27th May — Tony Kitchen
- 24th June — Sue Harker and Steve Wright
- 22nd July — Joey Richardson
- 26th August — Tiny Turner (Emma) and Steve Wright
- 30th September — Richard Kennedy (will also demo at Wolds Club)
- 28th October — Robin Barlow
- 25th November — Rick Dobney
Hands-on evenings will be held on 15th April, 17th June, 16th September and 18th November.
Members hope to see you at the Jubilee Hall, Ollerton on the fourth Wednesday of each month at 7.00pm. For more information please visit www.dukerieswoodturning.org.uk or call Gordon Fisher on 01623 464986 or Michael Manning on 01777 870844.