Monthly Tabletop Gaming Day
Saturday 20th April, 10.00am to 3.00pm
Calling all gamers! Retford Library is inviting you to attend a new style of board gaming. These games come from all over the world and have a different style and playability than the more traditional board. Don’t worry if you have never played a Tabletop game before, staff are on hand to show you how to start. They also have games suitable for families and for adult gamers of all different ages and experience. Tabletop gaming is becoming one of the more popular styles of gaming all over the country, so if you want to play a game that’s a little different from your normal board gaming experience then please join staff at this free, drop in session.
Desert Island Books — A World Book Night Celebration
Thursday 25th April, 6.30pm
Join Retford Library staff to celebrate World Book Night. Bring along a list of the six books you would choose to take on a desert island. Please include an all-time favourite and a book you have recently read which you can recommend to other readers. You can choose to read an extract from one of them and tell others why the books are on your list. A free reservation will be given if you wish to order any of the recommended reads. There will also be a fun quiz. Tickets cost £2.00, to include a glass of wine and nibbles, and booking is advised.
Easter Activities for Children
- Make a bunny headband — Wednesday 17th April, 10.30am to 12.00pm
A free drop in craft session
- Join the Easter Reading Challenge — ‘Burrow Some Books’, from 1st to 28th April. Younger readers can collect rabbits when they borrow books and add them to a springtime scene. Children completing the challenge will be entered into a prize draw. Join in the bunny hunt in the children’s library throughout April.
- Writers’ Group — Thursday 11th and 25th April, 2.00pm to 4.00pm
Come along, listen and share. For further information you can contact Kevin on 07903 654499 and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Craft and Coffee Club — Wednesday 3rd and 17th April, 1.30pm to 3.00pm
Bring along your project, swap ideas, patterns and materials over a coffee — the cost is 50p for refreshments.
- Family History Group — Monday 8th April, 5.00pm to 7.00pm
Library facilities, including the local studies rooms and free computer access to the Ancestry website are also available.
- Local and Family History Drop-In Surgery
Need advice about family or local history? A local studies librarian will be on hand from 10.00am to 1.00pm on Thursday 11th April.
- Rattle, Rhyme and Roll —Every Wednesday and Friday, 10.00am to 10.20am
Songs, rhymes and musical instruments for babies and toddlers.
For further information about any of these events please contact Retford Library on 01777 708724 or email@example.com.