The Grove and Hallcroft Methodist Churches work closely together to form the Methodist Church in Retford. For more information, visit www.the-grove.org.uk, search Grove Street Methodist Church on Facebook, or phone 01777 702330.
People will already be aware of changes at The Grove: outside there is cleaned and repaired stonework and new front doors in a modern colour, giving a lift to this heritage building, and the vestibule has been freshly painted in colours already used in the ceiling and upper part of the church, soon to flow through the lower part of the sanctuary creating a light and airy space.
Not only will it be light, but also warm with new radiators and heating panels. There is still quite a bit to do in the sanctuary but the vestibule will hopefully be open for business. Do join them for Saturday Coffee Morning and admire the new décor.
The church welcomes Reverend Philip Macdonald as a part time member of the circuit staff. Philip is a supernumerary minister who has recently moved to Retford and will be working two days a week to support the church work in Retford. He will become a familiar figure in the Grove and Hallcroft churches and around the town.
- Sunday 1st: 10.30am Service with Holy Communion, The Grove
- Sunday 8th: 10.30am Open Door Calm Space – a time of quiet reflection, The Grove
10.45am Service and Baptism, Hallcroft
4.00pm Messy Church, The Grove
- Sunday 15th: 10.30am The Grove
4.00pm Service with Holy Communion, Hallcroft
- Sunday 22nd: 9.00am Early Communion, The Grove
10.45am Service and Church Meeting, Hallcroft
- Saturday 28th: 2.30pm Hope and Remembrance Service, The Grove
- Sunday 29th: 10.30am United Service at Wheatley
- Saturday Elevenses Charity Coffee Morning, 10.00am to 12.00pm, The Grove: Go along and enjoy a nice filter coffee and a delicious slice of cake and support a charity – local, national or worldwide – with each cup of coffee or tea you enjoy. If you would like to book a Saturday Coffee slot for your favourite charity contact Barbara Wison on 01777 710834.
- Tuesday Meeting, 2.00pm, alternating venues: First and third Tuesday at The Grove; second and fourth at Hallcroft.
- Thursday: Coffee Morning, 10.00am, Hallcroft
- Thursday: Lunch, 12.00pm, The Grove
- Book Club, 9th October, 2.00pm, The Grove: This month’s book is Constable on the hill by Nicholas Rhea. This small and friendly group is open for anyone to join to read and discuss a variety of books. Enquiries to 01777 702330.
- Afternoon Tea and Film, Saturday 14th October, 3.00pm, The Grove: For enquiries and tickets email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CommuniTea, Monday 16th October, 4.00pm, Hallcroft and Tuesday 21st November, 4.00pm, The Grove: Monthly session at the two church to bring the community together over a teatime meal. All welcome for a two-course meal for just £1.00. Meals cooked using surplus food that would otherwise go to waste. Volunteers welcome to help set up, serve or clear up. For enquiries call 01777 702573
- Star-studded Christmas Spectacular, 25th-26th November, 10.00am to 5.00pm, The Grove: Stalls, Christmas crafts, decorations, refreshments and entertainment from the Salvation Army Band, Allegra Voice Choir, Retford Ukulele Group and more.