There is a feast of events in the run-up to the festive season, in addition to the usual activities at Kirton in Lindsey Town Hall.
Maire Ni Chathasaigh and Chris Newman
Saturday 12th November, 7.30pm to 10.00pm
This will be a great night with two musicians of international renown. Maire is described as the ‘doyenne of Irish harpists’ and Chris as ‘one of the UK’s most staggering and influential guitarists’.
The Kirton in Lindsey Entertainment Organisation (KLEO) is bringing the event to the town, supported by North Lincolnshire’s Rural Touring scheme LIVELINCS, meaning that the Town Hall can offer top-quality entertainment which would normally be way out of its price range so do go along for a very special evening. Expect a breath-taking blend of traditional Irish music, hot jazz, bluegrass and baroque, spiced with striking new compositions.
Tickets cost £8.00 (£6.00 concession) from Martin on 01652 648435 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or from Londis (Market Place) or on the door.
Another Winter’s Tale: A ghostly play with live music
Tuesday 15th November, 7.30pm
In the darkest of winters comes the brightest of tales. Two characters, eternally on the run, but from whom or what? Sheltering from the storm outside, they share tales of distant times and places, awaiting…. Will the past catch up with them before the clock strikes?
The show is produced in partnership with Shoot First Theatre and their amazing puppets.
A show for all audiences (8+) and a journey through the shortest days, with tales of deepest winter from Japan and across Europe, as well as those from nearer to home. The stories and songs could not be more diverse: from the joyful to the dark, the new and the familiar, all performed by the company of travelling strangers.
Kirton Call presents The Wizard of Oz
Saturday 3rd December, 2.00pm and 6.00pm
It’s panto time and the first performance of the local am-dram group since before Covid. They are doing a matinee and evening performance and, as ever, tickets will be popular. Pricing not announced yet, but all enquiries to Shani Flear on 07955 738633 after 5.00pm.
Singing for Pleasure Choir Winter Concert
Wednesday 14th December 7.30pm to 9.30pm
The Town Hall is now a regular concert venue for this Waddingham-based choir. They will be bringing their usual eclectic mix of music, singing and readings to entertain. Always a good night. Tickets cost £7.00 (under 16s free) from Jenny Hudd on 01673 818805, Mary Hollingsworth on 01652 648435, Londis (Market Place) or on the door.
- Town Hall Office: Open Mondays and Tuesdays, 9.00am to 12.00pm
- Active Circuits: Mondays, 6.45pm to 7.45pm (NLCAC Team: 01724 297270)
- Evergreens: Tuesdays, 1.30pm to 4.00pm (Nancy: 01652 640272)
- Seated Exercise: Wednesdays, 10.00am to 11.00am (NLCAC Team: 01724 297270)
- Tai Chi: Wednesdays, 11.30am to 12.45pm (George: 01427 617171)
- Rock Choir: Wednesdays, 7.00pm to 8.30pm
- Pilates with Louise: Thursdays, 10.00am to 11.00am (Louise: 07790 759003)
- Kirton Call (amateur drama): Thursdays, 7.00pm to 8.30pm (Shani: 07955 738633)
- Slimming World: Fridays, 9.30am to 11.30am
- Community Shop: Fridays, 1.00pm to 2.00pm
- Tea Dance: second Monday, 2.00pm to 4.00pm (Jenny: 01652 640281)
- Kirton in Lindsey WI: second Tuesday, 7.30pm to 10.00pm (Liz: 01724 762464)
- Kirton in Lindsey Society: fourth Tuesday, 7.30pm to 9.30pm (Martin: 01652 648435)
- KLAGS (amateur gardeners): third Wednesday, (Derek: 01427 788488)
- Church coffee morning: first Saturday, 10.00am to 12.00pm
- Town Hall Craft Club: fourth Saturday, 1.00pm to 4.00pm
- Pop-up Market: first Sunday, 9.30am to 12.30pm
- Town Hall Live: various dates, see website (Brian: 01652 649230)
All the latest developments will be on the website and Facebook pages so do keep checking. For further information, contact Jo on email@example.com or 07752 246255, or visit www.kirtoninlindseytownhall.co.uk.