Events seem to be clustering in Kirton in Lindsey Town Hall, with October events having an art and craft flavour while November brings two very different live shows.
11th Annual Art Exhibition
Friday 7th (5.00pm to 9.00pm) to Saturday 8th (9.30am to 5.30pm) October
The exhibition will showcase a range of artistic techniques including painting, pottery, textiles and glass craft and there will be the opportunity to buy everything on display. Local artists, and some from further afield, display up to four paintings in any medium. Each year has been a bit different, with some regular exhibitors and some new ones each time. The standard is very high and there are quite a few sales. Tea and coffee and snacks available throughout; the bar will be open on the Friday evening too. Admission is free, catalogues are £1.00 and all proceeds go to support the Town Hall charity.
Tudors! Family Crafting with a Heritage Theme
Tuesday 25th October, 10.00am to 12.00pm
The Town Hall welcomes back Kathy from The Society for Lincolnshire History and Archaeology to provide some more simple craft activities for the whole family to do. Lots of different media: paper, paint, beadwork and clay (always a favourite!). This time the theme is Tudor Life. Entrance is free; £1.00 per activity. No need to book, just drop in. All children must be accompanied by an adult.
Maire Ni Chathasaigh and Chris Newman
Saturday 12th November, 7.30pm to 10.00pm
This will be a great night with two musicians of international renown. Maire is described as the ‘doyen of Irish harpists’ and Chris as ‘one of the UK’s most staggering and influential guitarists’. The Live Lincs Rural Touring Scheme means that the Town Hall can offer top-quality entertainment which would normally be way out of its price range so do go along for a very special evening. Tickets cost £8.00 (£6.00 concession) from Martin on 01652 648435 or email@example.com, or from Londis (Market Place) or on the door.
Another Winter’s Tale: A ghostly play with live music
Tuesday 15th November, 7.30pm
In the darkest of winters comes the brightest of tales. Two characters, eternally on the run, but from whom or what? Sheltering from the storm outside, they share tales of distant times and places, awaiting…. Will the past catch up with them before the clock strikes?
The show is produced in partnership with Shoot First Theatre and their amazing puppets. A show for all audiences (aged 8+) and a journey through the shortest days, with tales of deepest winter from Japan and across Europe, as well as those from nearer to home. The stories and songs could not be more diverse: from the joyful to the dark, the new and the familiar, all performed by the company of travelling strangers. Tickets cost £12.00 for adults and £7.00 for under-18s, and are available from www.dogwoodproductions.co.uk, firstname.lastname@example.org or 07720 882530.
- Town Hall Office: Open Mondays and Tuesdays, 9.00am to 12.00pm
- Active Circuits: Mondays, 6.45pm to 7.45pm (NLCAC Team: 01724 297270)
- Evergreens: Tuesdays, 1.30pm to 4.00pm (Nancy: 01652 640272)
- Seated Exercise: Wednesdays, 10.00am to 11.00am (NLCAC Team: 01724 297270)
- Tai Chi: Wednesdays, 11.30am to 12.45pm (George: 01427 617171)
- Rock Choir: Wednesdays, 7.00pm to 8.30pm
- Pilates with Louise: Thursdays, 10.00am to 11.00am (Louise: 07790 759003)
- Kirton Call (amateur drama): Thursdays, 7.00pm to 8.30pm (Shani: 07955 738633)
- Slimming World: Fridays, 9.30am to 11.30am
- Community Shop: Fridays, 1.00pm to 2.00pm
- Tea Dance: second Monday, 2.00pm to 4.00pm (Jenny: 01652 640281)
- Kirton in Lindsey WI: second Tuesday, 7.30pm to 10.00pm (Liz: 01724 762464)
- Kirton in Lindsey Society: fourth Tuesday, 7.30pm to 9.30pm (Martin: 01652 648435)
- KLAGS (amateur gardeners): third Wednesday, (Derek: 01427 788488)
- Church coffee morning: first Saturday, 10.00am to 12.00pm
- Town Hall Craft Club: fourth Saturday, 1.00pm to 4.00pm
- Pop-up Market: first Sunday, 9.30am to 12.30pm
- Town Hall Live: various dates, see website (Brian: 01652 649230)
All the latest developments will be on the website and Facebook pages so do keep checking. For further information, contact Jo on email@example.com or 07752 246255, or visit www.kirtoninlindseytownhall.co.uk.