Don’t just look at the daffodils in your garden – take some along and enter them into one of the competition classes in the 9th Daffodil Delight show in Kirton in Lindsey Town Hall on Saturday 2nd April, 9.30am to 12.30pm. There is a trophy to be won for the best exhibit in the show or you can just enter for the pleasure of showing off your blooms!
The classes for the daffodils and the special sections are shown below and it will be 50p per entry.
- Large Yellow
- Large White
- Large Two Tone
- Large Multi Head
- Miniature Multi Head
- Pheasant Eye
- Large Double Yellow
- Large Double White
- Any other variety
- Vase of Daffodils (minimum five) decorated for all-round effect
- One single Daffodil
- One pot of Flowering Daffodils (minimum of three bulbs)
- Children’s section (age 16 years or under) three mixed daffodils decorated for all round effect.
- For each class you enter, you need to take three flowers and vases will be provided. If you are not sure what type they are, help will be on hand!
- Photographic competition on two themes: ‘3 Daffodils’ and ‘Spring’. Maximum size of photo A5 (7” by 5” approx.) Limit of two images per entrant per class.
- Decorated Easter Basket (basket can be empty or with suitable contents) – limited to 2 per entrant.
- 9.30am to 10.15am: entering and displaying
- 10.30am: judging of classes
- 11.30am: prize giving
- 12.30pm: close
For more information and details of the classes or other events on the day, please contact Derek on 01427 788488 or email@example.com, or follow the group on Facebook at ‘KLAGs (Kirton in Lindsey Amateur Gardeners)’.