Are you over 60 and want to meet friends? The Crossing Church and Centre in Worksop hosts various groups which offer you the opportunity to socialise with new people.
- Visit the café and enjoy a cuppa.
- Seated Exercise — fitness and fun for everyone at 9.50am and 11.00am.
- Older Peoples’ Lunch Club — a healthy two course cooked meal in pleasant company at 12.00pm.
- Crafty Corner — social group, craft while you chat at 10.30am.
- Worksop Pensioners Association — a social afternoon with a speaker, chat and refreshments on the second Wednesday of month.
- Older Peoples Friendly Group — play bingo, chat, refreshments and outings at 11.00am.
- The Oddfellows — friendship group from 2.00pm to 3.30pm on the first Thursday of the month
- Seated Exercise — class at 2.00pm, followed by Afternoon Tea, just £1.50 for homemade cake and good company.
Don’t sit at home alone — join in.
RAF Centenary Celebration
The RAF celebrated its 100th birthday in April 2018 and the Worksop Royal British Legion and Worksop (303) Squadron Air Cadets will be marking the centenary with a special service at The Crossing Church on Saturday 30th March at 7.30pm.
The preacher will be the Reverend Dr Jim Coleman, an RAF Chaplain from 1978 to 1994, and the support of any and all with an interest in the RAF would be very much appreciated.