Aurora is a cancer charity providing support in the local area for people living with cancer or a long-term health condition. But Aurora is not just a cancer charity; they have a variety of support groups, counselling services and recreational activities on offer for the public too as well as a charity shop and tearooms.
Spotlight on… community groups
Aurora has a range of classes and workshops to suit a variety of skill levels; whether you are an experienced crafter or a complete novice, there is a class for you. Learn a new skill and meet new friends in a safe and warm environment.
- The Friendly Crafters – Wednesdays, 10.30am to 12.30pm
For anyone willing to give crafts a try, whether experienced or a beginner. Crafts include knitting, crochet and jewellery making. A donation of £3.00 is requested and a hot drink and biscuits are provided.
- Paper Craft Group – Mondays and Fridays, 2.15pm to 4.00pm
An informal group of crafters where you can learn or improve your papercraft skills. All items are supplied. £4.00 per session.
- Games Group – Wednesdays, 2.00pm to 3.30pm
A sociable and relaxed group that meets fortnightly to play a range of games such as Scrabble, chess, jigsaws and lots more. This is a free session with refreshments provided.
- Aurora Wellbeing Singers – Mondays, 10.30am to 12.00pm
A fun and sociable singing group which is volunteer led. £3.00 per session with refreshments provided.
Exercise at Aurora
- Cancer and Exercise – Mondays, 3.00pm to 4.00pm and Tuesdays, 10.00am to 11.00am
First three sessions free; £3.00 thereafter.
- Chair-based and Balance Exercises – Mondays, 12.00pm to 12.50pm and 1.00pm to 1.50pm
Gentle, chair-based exercises which help improve posture and balance. Suitable for people with reduced mobility. £5.00.
- Fit and Fun Body Workout – Tuesdays, 11.15am to 12.15pm
Movement to music to release endorphins. Simple dance routines to raise fitness levels. £5.00.
- Tai Chi – Wednesdays, 9.30am to 10.30am and 11.00am to 12.00pm
Gentle movement, relaxation and calmness aimed at improving physical and mental wellbeing. £5.00.
- Fitness Class – General Public – Wednesdays, 12.15pm to 1.15pm
Exercise support and advice appropriate to fitness levels, facilitated by a specialist trainer. £5.00.
- Yoga – Fridays, 9.15am to 10.15am and 10.30am to 11.30am
Connect your mind and body to improve your flexibility and posture.
Anyone interested in attending any of these classes should contact reception on 01909 470985.
For more information about Aurora, visit them at The Old Library Building, Memorial Avenue, Worksop, S80 2BJ – Monday to Friday, 9.00am to 4.00pm.
Alternatively, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 01909 470985, visit www.aurorawellbeing.org.uk or find them on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.