Summer 2021 is going to be a time to celebrate outdoors with family and friends. Whilst many will be visiting pubs and restaurants with outdoor space, why not organise a celebratory picnic for a more personal, intimate event without crowds and huge costs? Venues could be in a garden, local park or the coast.
Since many people are still exercising caution when meeting up, Retford Textile Group has come up with an easy-to-follow design for a personal cutlery holder so that you can take your own knife, fork and spoon with you.
Follow the illustrated instructions to make your own cutlery pouch:
- Choose two colours of firm fabric.
- Cut a piece of fabric 23cm x 30cm of each colour, place face-to-face and sew together the two shorter 23cm edges.
- Fold lengthwise (right side inside) and sew the short bottom edge of the fabric you have chosen for the outside, leaving the ‘lining’ fabric end open for turning through.
- Trim the corners carefully if bulky.
- Turn fabric through to other side.
- Sew bottom edges of lining together with raw edges turned under.
- Tuck in the lining length, to form the pocket.
- Decoration of your choice can be added if you wish.
Get in touch
Subject to easing of restrictions, Retford Textile Group will resume meeting at the Goodwin Hall, Retford on the first Wednesday of the month (except August) between 6.30pm and 7.00pm. You can find out more by calling 01623 863327.