The Friends of Milton Mausoleum are pleased to begin this year with a full list of events planned for you to enjoy. 2022 is a special anniversary year for Georgiana, 4th Duchess of Newcastle, who died on 26th September 1822, and she will be the focus of some of the events.
Events begin with the Friends’ Sunday Lunch at the West Retford Hotel on Sunday 10th April. Go along with friends, enjoy lunch together from the new menu and find out more about this historic building.
Each year, from May to September, the Mausoleum is open on Sunday afternoons from 2.00pm to 4.00pm, when volunteers will give you a tour of the building and share the story of the 4th Duke and Duchess of Newcastle. Tours can be organised for parties or groups by arrangement.
The latest fundraising project, ‘Unrestored Windows’, is already off to a great start and gathering pace! Below are the events planned for 2022; look out for more details throughout the year.
- 10th April: Annual Lunch, 12.30pm, two courses. Adults £20.00; children (under 12) £10.00. First draw of this year’s £100 Lottery and a raffle.
- 1st May: First Sunday opening, 2.00pm to 4.00pm.
- 29th May: AGM, 2.00pm at the Mausoleum
- 16th July: Summer Music Concert and canapés, 7.00pm.
- 25th September: Georgiana Memorial Service, 2.00pm, followed by tea / coffee and cake
- 25th September: Sunday opening season closes.
- 12th November: Christmas and Craft Fayre, 10.00am to 4.00pm.
- 3rd December: Carols by Candlelight, 4.00pm to 5.00pm.
For more information or to book on any of the events, please contact Gillian on 01777 248310 or email email@example.com.