As the cost-of-living crisis bites, Citizens Advice Sherwood and Newark has seen a huge number of enquiries from local people struggling to stay on top of household bills.
Thanks to the tireless dedication of its volunteers and staff, Citizens Advice Sherwood and Newark has continued to give essential advice and crisis support to help people find a way forward. In the last year, it has helped 4,008 people with 15,983 problems, such as debt, housing, benefit and employment issues.
As part of Volunteers’ Week, the organisation thanked its volunteers for their exceptional contribution to the charity and local community – 26 volunteers give over 150 hours weekly.
They have an incredible team of volunteers who freely give their time to ensure people in Newark and Sherwood can get support in their time of need. They simply couldn’t do it without them.
If you’re interested in finding out more about volunteering visit www.citizensadvice.org.uk/local/sherwood-newark/volunteer/ or contact 01623 861769. No experience is required, full training and support is provided.
Contact Citizens Advice Sherwood and Newark
- Phone Adviceline: 0800 144 8848 or Relay UK (if you can’t hear / speak on the phone, type what you want to say) on 18001 0800 144 8884 (Monday to Friday, 9.00am to 5.00pm)
- Phone the local office: 01623 861769
- Chat online to an advisor: www.citizensadvice.org.uk/contact-us
- Call into the Newark office (Tuesday and Thursday, 9.30am to 2.30pm) or the Ollerton office (Monday and Wednesday, 9.30am to 2.30pm)
- Find advice: www.citizensadvice.org.uk