Whether you have got a problem with a present or item you bought in the sales or you think you might have been scammed, you are worried about managing your energy bills or trying to budget your money, we can offer advice and information to help you find a way forward.
Jackie Insley Chief Officer at Citizens Advice Sherwood and Newark said: “If you are struggling or think you are going to struggle, it’s always important to check what other help might be available. You’re not alone and there is support available. Everyone’s situation is different which is why speaking to an adviser may be helpful. Contact our advice line to speak to one of our advisers or have a look on our website.”
Contact Citizens Advice Sherwood and Newark:
- General advice via their Adviceline on 0800 144 88 48 or Relay UK (if you can’t hear or speak on the phone, you can type what you want to say) on 18001 0800 144 8884 (Monday to Friday, 10.00am to 5.00pm). Call the local office on 01623 861769, where you may be offered a call back
- Chat online to an adviser at www.citizensadvice.org.uk/contact-us
- Call into their Newark or Ollerton offices
- If you need support to make a new claim for Universal Credit, call the UC Help to Claim line on 0800 1448444 or Relay UK on 18001 0800 144 8 444 or web-chat at www.citizensadvice.org.uk/helptoclaim.
- For help with consumer issues (related to products or services you’ve purchased) call the Citizens Advice Consumer Helpline on 0808 223 1133 or Relay UK on 18001 0808 223 1133.