We are living in uncertain times and saving money is important. Keeping your home warm shouldn’t cost a fortune. Saving money on your energy bills can make a big difference. Last year, Citizens Advice’s big energy saving winter campaign saw thousands of people across England and Wales save over £1 million on their energy bills.
They are encouraging people to:
- Check to see if you are eligible for any special discounts, grants or support with your energy bills. You could be missing out on discounts, grants or support that will save you money.
- Switch your tariff or supplier to get the best deal. You can use the Citizens Advice price comparison tool at www.energycompare.citizensadvice.org.uk to check to make sure you’re getting the best deal.
- Save money while keeping your home warm. You could save hundreds of pounds a year if you make your home more energy efficient. This can be done in simple ways, such as not leaving appliances on standby and always turning off the light when you leave a room.
Visit www.bigenergysavingwinter.org.uk/check/ for more information.
You can contact Citizens Advice Sherwood and Newark for information and advice:
- General advice on 0800 144 88 48 or Textphone 18001 0800 144 8 444, Monday to Friday from 10.00am to 4.00pm.
- The local office number on 01623 861769, where you may be offered a call back.
- Chat online to an advisor at www.citizensadvice.org.uk/contact-us.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Get help with debt and money advice on 01623 869081.
- Consumer helpline on 0808 223 1133 or Textphone 18001 0808 223 1133.
- Universal Credit Help to Claim line on 0800 1448444 or Textphone 18001 0800 144 8 444.