Her Majesty the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee is just around the corner and The Dukeries Singers have been practising hard to perform a concert to mark this joyful and momentous occasion. The concert will be jointly hosted with The Forest Singers of Mansfield. The Edwinstowe handbell ringers will also perform, and there will be a wonderful piano duet and a vocal solo. Something for everyone!
Did you know that the Queen’s 10 favourite pieces of music are:
- Oklahoma! Howard Keel
- Anything You Can Do (Annie Get Your Gun) Dolores Gray and Bill Johnson
- Sing Gary Barlow and the Commonwealth Band featuring the Military Wives
- Cheek to Cheek Fred Astaire
- The White Cliffs of Dover Vera Lynn
- Leaning on a Lamp Post George Formby
- Praise, My Soul, The King of Heaven (hymn)
- The Lord is My Shepherd (hymn)
- Lester Lanin Medley
- Regimental March Milanollo
If you would like to join the choir for their Platinum Jubilee concert, tickets will be priced at £7.00 and include light refreshments. Dates are:
- Saturday 11th June, 6.30pm: St Lawrence’s Church, Skerry Hill, Mansfield NG18 2PR
- Saturday 25th June, 6.30pm: Jubilee Hall, Wellow Road, Ollerton NG22 9AP
As a non-profit organisation, the choir desperately needs your support to cover overheads and in order that they can continue to perform in years to come. The choir provides social support and continued learning for its members, as well as promoting performing arts within the community and enriching local events.
Tickets are available through any performer or call Audrey on 01623 408270 (Mansfield concert) or Margaret on 07896 491314 (Ollerton concert) to arrange collection.
Alternatively, you can visit Eventbrite for online reservation; see their Facebook page for more details. If you have any queries or would like to join or book the choir, then please email firstname.lastname@example.org.