As always, your Worksop Life magazine is full of details of local events and local group meetings but with the challenging times we’re experiencing lots of these are being cancelled. Everything in recent magazines was accurate at the time of going to print, but these are the updates we have received about confirmed changes.
We’ll keep updating this list as we’re made aware of changes and cancellations.
- Our advertisers North Notts Arena have advised they will be temporarily closing on Saturday 21st March due to COVID-19 in the interests of their staff and customers. They have, unfortunately had to cancel or postpone events
- Lindrick Players have cancelled their May play
- The Arts Society Dukeries have cancelled all lectures up to and including July and their study day on 26th March. They don’t usually meet in August and September so hope to resume in October as usual.
- The Musicality Singers’ rehearsals have been suspended
- Worksop Society of Artists Artists have cancelled April’s demonstration and there will be no further Wednesday art group meetings for at least twelve weeks
- The Carlton Flyer Weekend Tour has been postponed until the August Bank Holiday weekend
- Nottinghamshire Wildlife Trust have cancelled the North Notts Local Group meeting on 9th April
- Worksop’s VE75 celebrations have been postponed until August
- The Friends of Milton Mausoleum Annual Lunch on Sunday 26th April has been cancelled
- All Inspire venues will be closing from Monday 23rd March until further notice. This includes all Nottinghamshire County Libraries, Archives, Arts, 16-18 Study Programmes, Adult, Community and Family Learning.
- Nottinghamshire County Show on 9th and 10th May has been cancelled
- All Slimming World groups have been cancelled
- Limestone House have cancelled their fundraising concert at the Creswell Events Centre on Sunday 26th April
- Bassetlaw Cardiac Support Group’s April, May and June meetings have had to be cancelled
- The Friends of Thynghowe’s Spring Thing on 2nd and 3rd May has been postponed – it is hoped a new day can be scheduled in the autumn
- The Bassetlaw Hospice Ladies Lunch on Thursday 21st May has now been postponed to Wednesday 14th October 2020. Tickets can be transferred or refunded
- Bassetlaw Museum and the Pilgrims Gallery is closed until further notice
- The National Garden Scheme has closed all garden openings until further notice
- Retford District MS Family Support Group activities and events are suspended until further notice. Anyone affected by MS and in need of advice please contact Retford@mssociety.org.uk and they will see if they can help
- Forest Live, the summer concert series presented by Forestry England, where acts perform in spectacular woodland locations around the country has been cancelled.
Citizens Advice Bassetlaw are unable to offer face-to-face advice until further notice but is still providing a service via the telephone and webchat system. The telephone system is open from 10.00am to 2.00pm every day. The numbers are: