Aurora Wellbeing Bassetlaw’s work on the Old Library Building is progressing nicely and they hope to be back in the centre by the end of September. In the meantime, Aurora continues to provide vital support to people affected by cancer or a long term illness across Bassetlaw.
They will soon have their newly refurbished and re-located Valerie’s Tearooms looking out over the Canch to enjoy. But for the time being, you can support them by visiting Dukeries Tearooms on Bridge Street, where they have a selection of quality pre-loved items for sale as well as serving light refreshments, drinks and home made cakes. They are open 9.30am to 2.30pm, Monday to Saturday.
Beauty treatments & holistic therapy
Members of the public can book our beauty treatments and holistic therapies, which helps to support the charity in delivering Aurora services. They are temporarily located at ‘Sparkles’, 48 Kilton Road, Worksop and offer manicures, nail treatments, pedicures, eyebrow and eyelash treatments, back, neck, shoulder massage and Indian head massage. Please contact Alli on 07827 231001 Community for an appointment or advice on what treatments are currently available.
After a short summer break, Tai Chi is back. Enjoy gentle movement, relaxation and calmness with socially distanced sessions aimed at improving both physical and mental wellbeing. Facilitated by instructor Chris Heczko, the sessions will take place at St Anne’s Hall on Newcastle Avenue on Mondays from 10.30am to 11.30am. For more information or to book your place please contact Aurora’s Wellbeing Practitioner Jade on 01909 470985 or email email@example.com. The cost is £5.00.
Look good, feel better
If you have been diagnosed with cancer, join a specialist ‘Look Good Feel Better’ masterclass to help boost your confident and self-esteem. Enjoy being pampered in a safe and friendly environment where Aurora’s professional beauticians will:
• Offer individual skin care advice and tips
• Demonstrate a makeover and give personal tips
• Invite participants to bring their own make-up and practice how to achieve the best results
This session is free to anyone with a cancer diagnosis, who is receiving treatment or in recovery. For more information call 01909 470985.
Forthcoming fundraising events
• Lesley Smith as Katherine of Aragon at Worksop Priory: Friday 22nd October at 7.00pm
• Aurora Worksop Fashion Show, Tuesday 16th November, 7.00pm: The Aurora Worksop Fashion show is back, and this year it is hosted by North Notts Arena. Enjoy a fashion show, shopping experience and a chance to relax and enjoy time with your friends and family all under one roof. If you fancy strutting your stuff on the catwalk, or would like to help Aurora deliver this event then please contact Dawn Short on firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
If you have a fundraising idea or would like to volunteer to help raise funds and improve the quality of life for local people affected by cancer then please contact Aurora on email@example.com.
To donate to Aurora Wellbeing Worksop and enable the charity to continue to offer support to local people and their families, please do so at www.localgiving.org/charity/aurorawellbeingcentres/.