Citizens Advice Sherwood and Newark has helped 150 people with employment issues since lockdown. Entitlement to the furlough scheme, pay and entitlements, dismissal and redundancy are the top issues it has dealt with during the pandemic.
- Check if your redundancy is fair.
- Check how much redundancy pay you get.
- Furloughed? Make sure you get 100% redundancy pay.
- Check your notice period.
- Check your holiday pay.
- You might be entitled to paid time off to look for work.
- Check if you’ve got legal help via your home insurance.
- Citizens Advice’s web pages on leaving a job have further information and advice on all of these areas.
- You can contact Citizens Advice Sherwood & Newark for information and advice:
General advice will be given via their ‘Advice line’ which people can reach by calling 03444 111 444 or by Textphone: 18001 03444 111 445. This is open Monday to Friday, from 10.00am to 4.00pm. Alternatively, you can ring the local office number on 01623 861769, where you may be offered a call back.
People can chat online to an advisor by visiting www.citizensadvice.org.uk/contact-us.
To contact them via email use email@example.com.
You can find help with Debt and Money Advice on 01623 869081.
People looking for advice on consumer issues (eg issues related to products or services you’ve purchased) can contact the Citizens Advice consumer helpline on 0808 223 1133 and Textphone: 18001 0808 223 1133 or chat online to an advisor.
Anyone seeking to make a new claim for Universal Credit should call the ‘Universal Credit Help to Claim line’ on 0800 1448444, Textphone: 18001 0800 144 8 444 and online chat www.citizensadvice.org.uk/helptoclaim.