Peter Jackson and Julie Haystead, who run The Meeting Place Wingfield, would like to wish all their service users and their families a very happy 2019 and thank them for their support since The Meeting Place re-opened for business in April 2018.
The Meeting Place is at 48 Wensleydale Road, Wingfield and provides drop-in sessions for adults with learning difficulties and disabilities, providing a safe, supported place to meet up with friends and meet new people. Their sessions are charged at only £6.50 for a three-hour session and they provide a wide range of hot and cold snacks and drinks at reasonable prices.
Since their launch they have held six discos, taken five trips to the coast, held a number of summer BBQs and they have started to provide supported holidays. These activities have all proved to be very popular with the people they support. Here are the dates for all their planned day trips and discos in 2019:
- Valentine’s Disco — 12th February
- Easter Disco — 16th April
- Bridlington Day Trip — 19th May
- Country Dance Disco — 11th June
- Skegness Day Trip — 23rd June
- Blackpool Day Trip — 21st July
- Caribbean Disco — 13th August
- Whitby Day Trip — 18th August
- Scarborough Day Trip — 15th September
- 90s Night Disco — 17th September
- Halloween Disco — 29th October
- Christmas Disco — 17th December
For information call Pete on 07716 996314.
Staff and service users have recently taken part in a litter pick around Wingfield in order to put something back into our community. In the coming year they will be getting involved in more community based activities to make a positive impact on the local area.