Momentum is growing for our Friendship Lunches, with the third event being held on Monday 30th July at Sir Jack’s Carvery, Bramley. It was a real pleasure to say hello again to some familiar faces and welcoming new friends along too. Many thanks to all who participated, and everyone who supported us in promoting July’s Friendship Lunch:
- CAREGivers who posted details in the community e.g. at libraries and GP surgeries, and those who accompanied clients and friends on the day
- Service providers for bringing the events to the attention of people in the community who are keen to explore opportunities to socialise
- Local businesses for advertising ‘Friendship Lunches’ and donating generous raffle prizes — always good fun!
The programme of Friendship Lunches is developing over the coming months and we’ve now secured dates at Sir Jack’s for September through to December — dates below.
For each of the events we have booked one of two professional vocal entertainers who we know have been popular at past events:
- Susan St Nicholas whose cheery repertoire includes songs from many popular musicals
- Paul Anthony with his versatile interpretation of 1950s, 60s and 70s hit songs.
Dates for your diary
- Wednesday 5th September — Susan St Nicholas
- Thursday 18th October — Paul Anthony
- Monday 5th November — Paul Anthony
- Tuesday 11th December — Susan St Nicholas (celebrating Christmas with ‘Turkey & Tinsel’ in December!)
Finally, as we continue to grow the series of Friendship Lunches, we are keen to hear feedback from participants and readers of this newsletter, so please feel free to comment by calling 01709 837170, via email at email@example.com or speaking to one of the team during one of the Friendship Lunches.