Christmas is a time for family and friends to come together, but it can be a difficult time of year if somebody close to you has died. Every December Rotherham Hospice invites you to remember your loved one with a Light Up A Life Star.
For a donation of your choice, you will receive two beautiful stars – one to keep at home, and one to hang from the Rotherham Hospice Christmas Tree.
To dedicate a Light Up A Life Star in memory of your loved one, please visit www.therotherhamhospicetrust.enthuse.com/cf/light-up-a-life, visit the Hospice in person on Broom Road or call 01709 308900.
You are also welcome to attend one of their Light Up A Life memorial services. There will be music, carols, candle lighting and refreshments provided:
- 4.00pm, Thursday 7th December – Rotherham Hospice Gardens
- 4.00pm, Saturday 9th December – Rotherham Hospice Gardens
- 4.00pm, Sunday 10th December – Rotherham Minster
Your loved ones do not have to have been cared for by Rotherham Hospice to go and celebrate their life. All are welcome.
Christmas Fair in aid of Rotherham Hospice
On Sunday 3rd December, 12.00pm to 4.00pm, Wickersley Cricket Club is hosting a Christmas Fair in aid of Rotherham Hospice (kindly sponsored by Henry Boot Construction). Entry is free!
There will be festive fun for the whole family and you’ll be helping Rotherham Hospice care for local families this Christmas. Activities include:
- Santa’s Grotto (booking essential)
- Santa Dash is back – Festive Fun Run!
- Delicious food and drink
- Christmas crafts and activities
- Gift shopping galore
- Games and raffles
Recycle your Christmas tree and support Rotherham Hospice
Let Rotherham Hospice take the hassle out of disposing of your real Christmas tree. For a donation of your choice, they will collect and responsibly dispose of your real Christmas tree.
Collection dates are 11th, 12th and 13th January 2024. Go to www.just-helping.org.uk/collections/ and search for Rotherham Hospice to book your collection now.
Choose your donation amount and help support hospice care in your community:
- £10.00 could help a child understand and cope with grief in their Sunbeams group – Rotherham’s only bereavement support service for children and teens.
- £20.00 could pay for freshly cooked meals for a patient staying at the Hospice.
- £50.00 could pay for a tank of petrol for a nurse to visit somebody in their own home.
Whatever you can donate, thank you for supporting Rotherham Hospice!