Wickersley Parish Council have launched a new website. Carol Lavell, Wickersley Parish Clerk, said: “One thing we have all learned during the last six months is the importance of good communication. During ‘Lockdown’ we’ve taken the opportunity to work on a brand-new parish website which is now ‘live’.”
The new website has a range of features which the council hope local residents will find helpful.
- There is information about Parish and Parish Committee meetings – dates, agendas, minutes, etc – details about your parish councillors, parish finances and lots of documents and information to aid the understanding of how the parish works;
- The Planning pages explain the planning process and particularly how to object to or support a planning application. Residents will also be able to see the representations the Parish Council has made on your behalf to recent applications;
- The A-Z section is a fantastic tool to quickly find out who and where to go for solutions and help on a whole range of issues;
- In the Events section you can look back at some of the ‘virtual’ events the parish has led recently;
The Local History pages have been developed and it is hoped local residents will help build and develop this online record – if you have any photos or stories to share the Parish Council would be pleased to learn about them!
- The Community Centre pages tell you all about this great facility in the centre of the village – with all the details and how to hire it.
- The council’s regular Parish Newsletters are also on the website – accessible for all!
Do have a look – www.wickersleypc.org.uk.