Do you have what it takes to perform at Rotherham’s new family-friendly music festival? Rotherham Music and Children’s Capital of Culture are calling out for local artists aged 25 and under to perform at Signals Festival.
Run in partnership between the two organisations, Signals Festival will take place between 10th-18th February 2024 across Rotherham. Venues include a range of town centre locations, local libraries, Magna Science Adventure Centre and New York Stadium.
The festival was first launched in February 2023, and has been brought back for another year to engage young people across the borough, discover new talent and bring the local community together.
Now, young artists, musicians and singers from across Rotherham are being invited to send in their applications to perform during the festival.
Liam O’Shea, Community Music Manager from Rotherham Music Hub, said: “Signals Festival has been a huge success since it was launched and we hope that 2024 is going to be no different. Of course, it wouldn’t be possible without the incredible talent of our local community and we’re calling out for Rotherham artists to get involved and apply to perform. Signals has been designed by young people for all ages, and we hope that next year’s festival will receive a record number of applications from local talent.”
A host of events will take place across the nine days, including:
- Pop In and Make: Free music-making workshops that will include instrument-making and early years music sessions.
- Pop Up and Play: Busker-style performances by local musicians and artists across a range of unexpected venues.
- Signals Saturday Shindig: A showcase of Rotherham’s young musicians which will see the town centre will come to life with a day-long festival on 17th February.
- Launchpad: An industry event that will support budding young record label execs, musicians, recording engineers and PR gurus.
- Sound of Rotherham: Programmes of music-making workshops delivered in community hubs across the borough in the run up to the festival, culminating in public performances over the festival week.
Local artists who live, work or study in Rotherham and who are 25 or under (for groups, at least one member must 25 or under) are welcome to apply to perform at Signals Festival.
Applications are open until Monday 1st January 2024. Artists interested in applying will need to fill in a form that details their name, act information, age, location and share a one-minute recording showcasing their act. Successful applicants will be considered for key events that are taking place during the Festival.
To find the form and apply, applicants should visit: http://tinyurl.com/79f6savt