Energy Know How is a project supporting Rotherham residents to reduce energy usage and utility costs in their homes. Their team of Energy Advisers will deliver group and individual training, advice and support on energy awareness and efficiency through sessions in community to support people remotely.
There is no cost for this service, their aim is to improve knowledge and awareness of home energy efficiency and help people to switch providers, access energy saving measures and debt and benefit advice.
Local people can become volunteers and get involved to deliver energy-saving activities in their communities. In addition, the project also supports other local community service providers to be more energy aware.
Energy Know How will advise and guide energy consumers who need support to reduce their fuel bills. They aim to:
- reduce physical health problems made worse by high fuel costs by enabling people to be warmer at home and releasing income for other household essentials.
- reduce the anxiety / stress / worry experienced by people who are struggling with high fuel bills.
- deliver energy efficiency advice / support to reduce consumption and resulting fuel costs.
- establish community-led groups to empower local people to reduce future energy consumption.
This Rotherfed project targets 10 areas across Rotherham, however all Rotherham residents can access their support. The areas are: Masborough, Ferham, Swinton, Eastwood, Springwell, Maltby, Kilnhurst, Canklow, Rawmarsh, Dinnington.
Contact Sharon.email@example.com, Noor.firstname.lastname@example.org or Lynn.email@example.com if you want to:
- Understand how to heat your home for less
- Get help to switch energy providers
- Receive tips on how to reduce your home energy usage
- Feel less stressed or worried about fuel bills
- Find out how to become an Energy Know How Volunteer
This project is funded through the Energy Industry Voluntary Redress Scheme, www.energyredress.org.uk.