Retford Arts Hub holiday arts and crafts sessions were enjoyed by local children and reported to be fabulous! All sessions were full of enthusiastic children.
A variety of topics explored colour and shape, house painting and decorating (in miniature of course!) as well as yarn mandalas and graphic pen art.
There will be similar sessions during the October half term and Christmas holidays, all run by a team of volunteers.
There are opportunities for new volunteers to join the team in helping to run these lively sessions. So, if you are interested in joining the friendly volunteer team, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call into the shop at 11 Churchgate, Retford to chat to one of the team. Shop opening hours: Monday to Saturday 10.00am to 4.00pm, Tuesdays 10.00am to 1.00pm.
Adult workshops are scheduled to take place as follows:
- Sewing machine skills for all things bright and beautiful with Angela Morris on Fridays from 10.00am to 12.00pm.
- Creative sewing and garment making skills with Sue on first and third Saturdays, 10.30am to 12.30pm.
- Learn to crochet and knit with Chris; four-week course, Saturdays at 1.30pm to 3.30pm.
Details for all workshops can be found on the Art Hub’s Facebook and Instagram pages – @retfordartshub, and on posters displayed in the shop; please drop in to book.
Finally, Beehive Wellbeing is running the following Thursday courses at the Arts Hub for adults:
- 12th October, 10.00am to 1.00pm: Mixed media: make your own clock.
- 12th October, 1.30pm to 3.30pm: Handmade paper.
- 26th October, 10.00am to 1.00pm: Mixed media: tree of hearts.
- 26th October, 1.30pm to 3.30pm: Decoupage coasters.
Please visit www.beehivewellbeing.co.uk for further information and to book.
Join the group to enjoy some artistic ‘you time’ with others and create something amazing to take home!