In a school in Scunthorpe, there is a hidden gem to be discovered in a seasonal programme of monthly concerts. Music produces a kind of pleasure which human nature cannot do without. The global pandemic has taught us that we need social interaction and entertainment.
The first concert in the series will be performed by Alim Beisembayev, winner of the Leeds International Piano Competition 2021. Compositions from Mozart, Schubert and Liszt will be played with polish, flair and flourish.
Variety keeps it fresh and as the season continues, artists of international renown will showcase instruments from guitar, strings and woodwind. If you have never been to watch live classical music before, you will be amazed at how good the artists are and you will be bewitched by their craft.
Individual concert tickets cost just £18.00. For real value for money, an annual membership subscription is just £90.00 for seven concerts. Children attend free with an accompanying adult. For full details, visit www.scunthorpe-concert-society.co.uk.
- Friday 14th October: Alim Beisembayev, piano
- Friday 11th November: Xuefei Yang, guitar
- Friday 2nd December: Ensemble Hesperi, Baroque early music
- Friday 13th January 2023: Antoine Préat, piano
- Friday 3rd February: Mithras Trio, piano trio
- Friday 17th March: James Gilbert and Julian Chan, clarinet and piano
- Friday 21st April: Jamal Aliyev and Maria Tarasewicz, cello and piano